Thursday, June 28, 2018

Fighting the urge to argue.

I get a lot of questions from other submissive on how to gracefully accept direction from your D-type.  I wish it was easy to answer that question. It is easier I'll admit if they are steady in their dominance. There is nothing worse than questioning the direction you have been given and seeing them throw their hands up in frustration.   I will take a second to point out the obvious submissive's are frustrating! Especially, littles/middles/ baby girls. We tend to be the needier and *cough cough* whinier of the s-types.  This means a lot of work and pressure on the part of a Daddy.  Sometimes we don't give them enough credit for not throwing their hands up and going vanilla. I digress, so how do you not argue? I want to add that I am not giving advice to blindly follow someone off a cliff, in the name of submission.  You are entitled to your opinion and no one agrees all the time.  So if you find yourself in the middle of being given direction and your thinking this (wo)man is got to be kidding me! I find the following tips help be reign in my bossy side and become more understanding.  First, remember you have chosen this person to receive the best gift you can give anyone, your submission.  There is a reason for that and it is because you trust and value their opinion.  You have to trust in the fact that what they are doing is in your best interest and will never make a choice that will hurt you or put you in any type of danger. Secondly, think, is it worth the battle? A trap a lot of brats find themselves in is arguing for the sake of doing so. I know a brat has got to be sassy, but you don't want it to become such a habit that your D-type wants to tap out. Third, and I find it to be the hardest fact to swallow especially for s-types in training. It is your duty to be submissive to your D-type.  Bottom-line his/her word should be final.
If you have concerns voice them in a respectful manner, and if there are topics that are off limits to others having a say outline that in your contract.  It won't always be easy, but it does get easier as you grow into your role.    

No comments:

Post a Comment